Our life, our family, and our little house
Summer time is tiny house project time around here! Last summer was spent getting ready for Baby to join us, which was quite the ordeal in our little space. This summer, the task list isn't as elaborate, but we still have our fair share of things to do. Here is the list of things we'd like to fix up and update.
1. Fix Drywall under sink. During transport, things got shuffled around. We ended up with a leak by our hot water heater. Alex had to take out the drywall to repair it. We planned to replace the drywall, but we wanted to give everything time to dry out. We also wanted to make sure that there wasn't another leak. Then, we had the baby and it never got done.
2. Install airconditioner. We don't really have a place for the AC in our house. Last year, we put it on our bench, as shown. However, this corner has been replaced by a pack and play. We're considering putting it up in the storage loft.
3. Replace the trim. When we got our door replaced and removed the bench, there was no trim in that corner. It is currently covered up by the pack and play, but it will look much better with trim over it.
4. Replace the glass on a cracked window. It doesn't leak badly, but it cracked a bit during transportation and we never got around to fixing it. At least the view isn't obstructed! Check out that awesome pine tree.
4. Paint. You may have noticed the patched in the pictures above. We love the color, but don't have any more of it, so we aren't able to just touch it up. We will have to repaint the whole thing. It could use a fresh coat, as I don't think the original paint was that high quality and it seems a bit thin. We'll choose something similar and repaint the whole house. Thankfully, in a tiny house, painting the whole house can be done in an afternoon!